First up, I feel like, before we get into the specifics, I should quickly wrap up how the new system will work. You won’t understand the rest of the article without this knowledge, so let’s rattle through it. The new gearing system works as follows:
- A piece drops.
- It is plate, mail, cloth or leather.
- It has crit and haste as secondary stats.
- Its primary stat will change according to your spec, so if you’re a caster it will be intellect, melee DPS could be strength or agility and so on.
- As you change spec, the primary stat changes with you.
- The secondary stats (in this example, crit and haste) will not change.
- There may also be tertiary stats on gear, such as +run speed, or -durability damage.
Warlords of Draenor’s gear system and spirit as a secondary stat originally appeared on WoW Insider on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.